About Me

My photo
This is a blog for John Weber. One of my joys in life is helping others get ahead in life. Content here will be focused on that from this date forward. John was a Skype for Business MVP (2015-2018) - before that, a Lync Server MVP (2010-2014). I used to write a variety of articles (https://tsoorad.blogspot.com) on technical issues with a smattering of other interests. I have a variety of certifications dating back to Novell CNE and working up through the Microsoft MCP stack to MCITP multiple times. FWIW, I am on my third career - ex-USMC, retired US Army. I have a fancy MBA. The opinions expressed on this blog are mine and mine alone.

2015/10/14

Win 10 Quick Access Blew up!

I used my favorites in Win7 and Win8 because it gave me one click access to commonly used items.

Well, here comes Win10, and the Quick Access concept.  Nice enough, but not the same.  But it contained my migrated favorites, so I was not too unhappy.  But, the other day, “something” happened, I am sure I did it, but I will be damned if I can figure out what.  Bottom line was that my single-click links were no longer there.

Sadness.

Today I had a little time to dig in and figure it out.  After reading a ton of blog-o-sphere stuff, and some useless Technet and equally useless forum postings, I found something that I figured couldn’t hurt to try:

Run command prompt as admin and type the following command:


del %appdata%\microsoft\windows\recent\automaticdestinations\*

Happiness.  Now my stuff is back.  All I need to do know is figure out what, why, when, and how. 

image

YMMV

No comments:

test 02 Feb

this is a test it’s only a test this should be a picture